Talking About Japanese Towns

After listening to Alex Kurr's TED talk regarding tourism, as well as some of the supplementary content oriented around the urban planning and environments of modern-day Japan, I have some thoughts. I really liked the aspect of modernizing older homes to bring in tourists. I think maintaining and updating already established architecture is a really great way to bring connivence and accessibility to historic and aesthetic buildings and homes. Even beyond the aspect of tourism, I think that giving that kind of treatment to homes is a really economical and sustainable practice. Big plusses to Mr. Kurr and his team for doing such a great job to all of those buildings. It reminded me of a video documentary I had seen on YouTube and TikTok about the Japanese government selling abandoned homes to new home buyers and foreigners in some of those less populated cities. I believe the project was named (or along the lines of) Akiya, although I could be mistaken. It's a tempting prospect for a young adult in America with the current state of the housing market, although I feel as though I would struggle to find employment in my field in Japan. Definitely would be a nice vacation home if I ever have that money though.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Reflecting on Reading in Japanese

Making a Poster for the KCAI Language Community

Talking About Shopping in Japan